Monday, May 21, 2007

Italo Calvino - If on a Winter's Night a traveller


Posted this before but it gives me great pleasure to type it out from my notebook: came across it again while idly flicking pages....


What makes love-making and reading resemble each other most is that within both of them time and space open, different from measurable time and space.

Many times I have thought that the good advice of the master-writers, well learned, would obviate the atrocious passages that even quite famous novelists include in their stories. Anyone who want to send me links to examples of inexcrable, inexcusable, unlikely literary love-making, please feel free!



2 Comments:

At Monday, May 21, 2007, Blogger Vita Brevis said...

You asked for links - this is my own angle on the subject


http://caputmortem.blogspot.com/2007/02/read-all-over.html

 
At Monday, May 21, 2007, Blogger Adfero Affero said...

I'll link to your post within my post if you agree.....it'll be hidden away otherwise :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed