Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Cesare Pavese




Someone gave me a pile of Saga magazines - I must look older than I imagine.

Dear Diary, August 2005, compiled by Alan and Irene Taylor:

Cesare Pavese, August 3 1937

A woman unless she is an idiot, sooner or later meets a piece of human wreckage and tries to rescue him. She sometimes succeeds. But a woman, unless she is an idiot, sooner or later finds a sane, healthy man and makes a wreck of him. She always succeeds.

Chuckling but being caught between a desire to pass it on and PC, decided to compromise by finding another Pavese quote:

Literature is a defense against the attacks of life. It says to life: "You can't deceive me. I know your habits, foresee and enjoy watching all your reactions, and steal your secret by involving you in cunning obstructions that halt your normal flow.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed